Teacher: Mrs Messenger and Mrs Ryder
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Guppy, Mrs Darby and Mrs Bush
A warm welcome back to school for the Autumn Term, we hope that you have had a lovely summer break with the wonderful weather that we had. Children in Year 4 will be exploring the ancient civilisation of the Egyptians throughout the term; firstly looking at how we know about this civilisation and then moving their learning towards understanding their daily lives, traditions, morals and beliefs. During this topic the children will be visiting Dorchester Tutankhanmun Exhibition 2nd October and will explore daily life through an Egyptian Day on the 12th November.
We are pleased to welcome to Year 4 our student teacher, Miss Quast, to the team. She will be spending the Autumn and Summer Term with Mrs Messenger and is likely to therefore have the pleasure of teaching your child/children.
PE & Swimming Kits
Swimming and PE are an important part of the curriculum and it is expected that all children will participate in PE lessons whenever possible. They will only be excused from PE if they have a signed note from a parent/guardian explaining why.
Swimming kit should include;
- For girls; one piece costume, towel, goggles, hat (if you would like) and a hair brush.
- For the boys, preferably swimming trunks, (however swimming shorts will be acceptable) towel, goggles, hat (if you would like) and a hair brush.
It is also advisable to pack your child with a healthy snack as the children will inevitably be hungry following their swimming lesson.
PE kit should include black shorts, dark-green or white T-shirt, dark jogging bottoms for cold weather and trainers or daps. We would appreciate your cooperation in ensuring that your child has their full PE kit in school. Please could all belongings (uniform and PE kit) be clearly named.
If your child has pierced ears they will need to remove or tape over them before doing any physical activity.
Things to remember:
- Swimming and PE for Year 4 is on Thursday morning and afternoon
- Reading Diaries must be brought into school everyday and will be checked every Wednesday
- Reading Books – children are provided with additional opportunities to read and take quizzes during the course of the term on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- Spellings and Times Tables quizzes are on Fridays
- Homework given out on a Monday
Mrs Ryder and Mrs Messenger