Job vacancy: SEN Learning Support Assistant
SEN Learning Support Assistant
8.30am – 3.30pm – 5 days per week (Mon – Fri – 32.5 hours per week, which includes 30 mins lunchtime cover per day)
LSA Grade 15: £15,375 – £16,491 pro rata (£7.96 – £8.54 per hour) (18/19 pay award pending)
Start date: asap
Birchfield Primary School requires a SEN Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with children in KS1. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working with individual(s) with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, however training will be provided.
The successful candidate will:
- help adapt the curriculum for the pupil,
- carry out 1:1 intervention programmes,
- track and monitoring progress for the individual
- work closely with the class teacher, parents, SENCO and on occasions professionals from external agencies
- display a range of attributes including personal organisation, initiative, enthusiasm and a caring nature
The person appointed would be expected to work collaboratively with the SENCO along with many other members of staff and will be fully supported in the day to day role.
We would welcome all prospective candidates to visit the school prior to interview.
For an informal discussion once you have read the job details, please contact Judy Parker, SENCO on 01935 427609.
Closing date: 5.00pm on 03 May 2018 Interview date: w/c 07 May 2018