Teacher: Mrs Pimm and Mrs Ryder
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Guppy, Mrs Darby and Mrs Bush
Welcome back to the New Year everyone, we hope you had a pleasant Christmas and we wish you all the very best for the New Year. As you may already know, our topic for the Spring Term is Chocolate! We will link as much of our learning as possible to this topic throughout the term. If you or your children have any ideas that you would like to suggest, please do let us know. We would like you be involved as much as possible.
As part of our chocolate topic, we are organising a visit to a chocolate factory in Cheddar. This will enable the children to see how chocolate is made and give them a real understanding of the processes that happens within a chocolate factory. We are hoping that this will take place in the second half of this term. More information regarding the trip will follow shortly. This experience will provide your child with the foundations and ideas for planning and making their own creations.
PE is an important part of the curriculum and it is expected that all children will participate in PE lessons whenever possible. They will only be excused from PE if they have a signed note from a parent/guardian explaining why.
PE kit should include black shorts, dark-green or white T-shirt, dark jogging bottoms for cold weather and trainers or daps. We would appreciate your cooperation in ensuring that your child has their full PE kit in school. Please could all belongings (uniform and PE kit) be clearly named.
If your child has pierced ears they will need to remove or tape over them before doing any physical activity.
Things to remember:
- PE for Year 4 is on Thursday afternoon
- Reading Diaries must be brought into school everyday and will be checked every Wednesday
- Reading Books & Quizzes – children are encouraged to take a reading quiz in a morning before school and they are provided with additional opportunities to read and take quizzes during the course of the term on Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- Reading Reward – All children have been set a reading quiz and a word count challenge to earn a teacher’s awards
- Spellings and Times Tables quizzes are on Fridays
- Homework given out on a Monday
Mrs Ryder and Mrs Pimm