2BP are going to Tesco on Monday 25 April 2016, during the morning, as part of their topic on Farm to Fork. I am sure they will have a lovely time.More
Click here to read our April newsletter April newsletter 2016More
Job Vacancy: SEN Learning Support Assistant
8.30am – 3.30pm Monday – Friday (30 hours per week). Potential to be flexible with hours.
Grade 15: £14,075 – £15,941 pro rata (£7.29 – £8.26 per hour).
Fixed term one year maternity cover.
Start date: asap
Birchfield Primary School requires a SEN Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Upper KS2. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working with individual(s) with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, however training will be provided.
The successful candidate will:
- help adapt the curriculum for the pupil,
- carry out 1:1 intervention programmes,
- track and monitoring progress for the individual
- work closely with the class teacher, parents, SENCO and on occasions professionals from external agencies
- display a range of attributes including personal organisation, initiative, enthusiasm and a caring nature
The person appointed would be expected to work collaboratively with the SENCO along with many other members of staff and will be fully supported in the day to day role.
We would welcome all prospective candidates to visit the school prior to interview.
For an informal discussion once you have read the job details, please contact Judy Parker, SENCO on 01935 427609.
Please click here to go straight to the Recruitment Pack, or alternatively contact the school office on 01935 427609 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27 April 2016 Interview date: w/c 2 May 2016More
We are looking to appoint a KS2 teacher with a proven record of highly successful teaching, starting September 2016. The successful candidate:-
- either has the potential to be an outstanding teacher, or already is one!
- is engaging and creative; bringing learning alive,
- is friendly and approachable,
- is a team player with good social skills and great ideas,
- promotes active parental involvement and links within the community,
- is organised, dedicated and hardworking,
- has high expectations of themselves and of children,
- has an excellent knowledge of the Primary CurriculumVisits are welcomed and encouraged.
- In return we offer you a rapidly developing school with huge ambitions, wonderful children, a dedicated team of staff and supportive parents and Governors.
You will find the Recruitment Pack under the ‘About Us’ section of this website, or alternative please click here.
Visits are welcomed and encouraged. Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We currently have a vacancy for a Lunchtime Server, Monday – Friday 12noon-2.00pm, term time only.
The Lunchtime Server Recruitment Pack contains the information relevant to the post and an application form will need to be completed. If you have any further questions please contact the School Office.
Friends of Birchfield School are selling doughnuts on Wednesday 23 March 2016 after school in the school hall – 30p each. Your support with this event is much appreciated.More
The Theatre Club’s next event is on Thursday 28 April 2016 to see Goodnight Mr Tom at Bath Theatre Royal. The children will leave at 11.30 am to see the performance at 1.30 pm. They should be back at school approximately 5 pm.More
Our Y3 children are looking forward to their residential trip to Tregoyd, Powys leaving on Wednesday 20 April and returning Friday 22 April 2016. A kit list has been issued, if you do not have a copy please contact the school office. Your child will need a sleeping bag and pillow and also a waterproof coat. If you have any questions please come and speak to Mrs White, who is organising this event.More
Our School Council are raising funds for the new outside play equipment. We have been kindly donated 28 beautifully decorated Easter Eggs to raffle!
From Monday 21 March our School Councillors will be selling raffle tickets on the playground before and after school. Raffle tickets will cost 50p each and children can buy more than one.
On Wednesday 23 March the raffle tickets will be drawn and an Easter Egg will be awarded to one boy and one girl in each class – 28 in total.
We very much appreciate your support and fingers crossed for your winning